What makes LA PEAU skincare so unique is its massive antioxidant properties due to its active ingredient named the BeCell. Tests carried on by IDEA (Institut Dermatologique d’Aquitaine) showed impressive moisturizing and anti-aging qualities of this new active ingredient, whenever mixed with a proprietary neutral base. Further tests performed by Edel Therapeutics confirmed spectacular antioxidant properties of the newly developed skin care range: this latter obtained the highest results compared to the other leading brands. All these compelling results led to the development of LA PEAU skincare line. The proprietary delivery system used in LA PEAU allows better absorption of the antioxidants and vitamins by the skin. The inimitable texture melts on the skin without any messy greasiness – resulting in a glowing face with a perfectly healthy looking skin.
Scientific Test Results
- Antioxidant test: LA PEAU generated the highest antioxidant properties, much superior than 18 leading anti-aging brands on the market. It scored 1400 edels when the norm is just 42 edels (1 edel = 1 micromolar vitamin C equivalent). This result was highly appeaciated – tests were done by Edel Therapeutics (EPFL).
- Efficacy test: LA PEAU was tested on 44 female volunteers; the analysis showed a statistically significant 33% reduction in the number of wrinkles and their length in just 28 days – tests were done by IDEA.
- Irritation test: LA PEAU showed no sign of any irritation whatsoever during all the tests – tests were done by IDEA.
- Moisturizing test: LA PEAU exhibited a statistically significant moisturizing potential during the 3-hour measurement period, with an activity peak of the order of 40% one hour after application – tests were done by IDEA.
- Cytotoxicity test: Under the retained experimental conditions, the cytotoxicity of LA PEAU was classified “insignificant cytotoxicity”, according to the adopted scale – tests were done by IDEA.
LA PEAU exhibited the highest antioxidant properties vs. 18 anti-aging products. Using a proprietary technology to measure oxidative and anti-oxidative properties by electrochemical measurements of DNA-based biosensors, Edel Therapeutics performed a comparative study between LA PEAU and 18 leading anti-aging skin care products on the market. The abstract of the study reports that the product LA PEAU exhibited the highest antioxidant activity level, much superior than the other 18 anti-aging products that were tested. LA PEAU is the best antioxidant product on the market today and the most efficient anti-wrinkle treatment, ” concluded Edel Therapeutics (EPFL-Lausanne), after comparing this new line to 18 leading anti-aging products. Its unique blend of antioxidants, amino acids and vitamins helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Antioxidant Test Results
* “EDEL” = 1 Micromolar vitamin C equivalent
LA PEAU: Night cream
- EDEL score
- Price: $90
Anti-Aging Cream 2
- EDEL score
- Price: $550
Anti-Aging Cream 3
- EDEL score
- Price: $350
Anti-Aging Cream 4
- EDEL score
- Price: $127
Considering 42 Edel as the norm within anti-aging products (i.e. the base measurement of the study):
- LA PEAU scored 1400
- Anti-Aging Cream 2 scored 784
- Anti-Aging Cream 3 scored 550
- Anti-Aging Cream 4 scored 200
“The anti-aging properties generated by LA PEAU products are not even comparable. They are by far much better than any of the other best-selling anti-aging creams”, said the scientist from Stanford University.
Technology Behind the Antioxidant Profiling of LA PEAU
EDEL THERAPEUTICS has assembled a comprehensive technology platform in the field of oxidative stress and DNA oxidative damage. This includes new biosensors for measuring DNA oxidative and antioxidative properties of solutions, a new extraction procedure for the preparation of antioxidants extracts and the molecular genetic analysis of specific cell type for the identification of new antioxidants and DNA protective cellular factors. The study was centered to examine the antioxidative properties of LA PEAU compared to 18 leading anti-aging products: the exhaustive results showed the product LA PEAU exhibited statistically significant antioxidant properties, much superior than all the other anti-aging products that were tested. Tests were repeated 3 times.
EDEL THERAPEUTICS proprietary technology applies to the measurement of oxidative and antioxidative properties of solutions by electrochemical measurements of DNA-based biosensors. Collaboration with the Laboratory of Physical and Analytical Electrochemistry (Pr. Hubert H. Girault of the Swiss Institute of Technology) has been concluded & is supported by the Swiss Commission for Technological Innovation (CTI).
- Report on European Research on the functional Effects of Dietary Antioxidants, EUROFEDA, www.ifr.bbsrc.ac.uk/EUROFEDA, 2003.
- Antioxidants in Photosynthesis and Human Nutrition, Barbara Deming-Adams, William W. A., Science 298, 5601, 2149-2153, 2002.
- Vitamins for chronic disease prevention, Fletcher R., H. and Fairfield, K., M., Journal of American Medical Association 287 (23), 3127-3129, 2002.
Net Anti-Aging Properties.
A profilometric analysis of the wrinkles, prepared by the Dermatological Institute of Aquitaine (IDEA), shows a significant reduction of 33% in the total number of wrinkles and an important decrease of 28 % in the total length of the wrinkles – in just 28 days. Below the image of a patient’s skin after 28 days of application of LA PEAU anti-aging cream on her wrinkles and crow’s feet. 1. Before cosmetic treatment the number of wrinkles is 129, the length of the wrinkles is 140.83 mm. 2. After cosmetic treatment the number of wrinkles is reduced to 86, and the length of the wrinkles to 101.95 mm. These visual effects are compelling and the results self-explanatory, suggesting a net anti-wrinkle potential after 28 days of application of LA PEAU skincare line.
Efficacy Test Results
LA PEAU was tested on 25 female volunteers; the analysis showed a statistically significant 33% reduction in the number of wrinkles and their length in just 28 days – tests were done by IDEA.
Clinical study was performed on 25 adult dry skin volunteers, and another group of 25 adult women having fine lines and wrinkles around their eyes. An assessment of eye tolerance was also made by investigating cytotoxicity on a SIRC cell strain and irritation. Cell death rate percentage was calculated for each dilution according to a specified formula. The moisturizing potential of each product was performed by repeatedly measurements of the skin electrical capacity. Measurements were made at t0h, t1h, t2h and t3h using a konometer Courage and Khazaka CM 825. Lastly, a very important assessment was made after finalizing the efficacy test on the same patients: this final test result showed a clear reduction of wrinkles after 28 days of use of product – please see the attached picture in color where: The number of wrinkles was reduced from 128 to 86 after 28 days. The total length before was 140.83 and after 28 days it became 101.95 mm.
LA PEAU exhibited a statistically significant moisturising potential during the 3-hour measurement period, with an activity peak of the order of 40% one hour after application – tests were done by IDEA.
Under the retained experimental conditions, the cytotoxicity of LA PEAU was classified “insignificant cytotoxicity”, according to the adopted scale – tests were done by IDEA.
LA PEAU showed no sign of any irritation whatsoever during all the tests – tests were done by IDEA.